Low carb and Keto friendly!
Disclaimer ~ This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something through an ad in this post I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support
Hello! Well, the warm weather is finally here and with that comes all the yummy salads! Some days when it’s too hot to turn on the stove, it’s nice to have some sort of salad in the fridge for a quick, healthy meal.
This recipe started out as a sort of “take care of the little bits in the fridge” recipe. It’s so loved in my house that it doesn’t last more than two days! I have to make it quite often as it’s asked for almost even day. It also happens to be keto-friendly and it’s really hardy with plenty of protein so it will keep you satisfied for a long while – it’s a meal on its own.
- 4 cups – diced or shredded chicken
- 4 cups – diced raw broccoli
- 1/2 cup – bacon
- 3/4 cup diced pickles
- 3 – 4 celery sticks – diced
- 3/4 cup of grated cheese (pretty much any kind of hard cheese will do – I use parmesan or cheddar mostly)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups – mayo (use to your liking)
- 4 tbsp – apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup relish (I use homemade zucchini relish but any kind will do)
- you can substitute some of the mayo for ranch dressing or any creamy dressing of your choice.
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Cook the chicken and bacon (I used Hormel real bacon bits so I didn’t have to cook it). I usually add some BBQ sauce to the chicken.
Add all ingredients to a large bowl. This time, for the dressing, I used half Dilly Dip and half mayo. Once you’ve got it all in the bowl mix well and enjoy it! I don’t suggest adding any salt as the bacon and pickles take care of that pretty well. If there’s not enough dressing simply add more mayo.
Pretty simple, right? Let me know what you think!
So, I thought I’d add that I made this batch last night and I have to make another tomorrow! They sure do love this salad…but so do I 😉